Vocation & Co Halifax - Duty Manager
Vocation brewery began brewing in 2015 quickly gaining a reputation for modern hop forward beers. From small beginnings we have grown rapidly to be one of the UK’s leading independent craft breweries.
In June 2017 we opened our first taproom Vocation & Co. in our hometown of Hebden Bridge. Closely followed by Vocation & Co. Leeds, situated within Assembly Underground, opening in 2018, and then Vocation & Co. Manchester within Society, opening in May 2021.
Halifax is our latest venture with two bars hosting 22 keg and 6 cask lines and food from Wonder Wheel Pizza who are serving up giant New York-style pizza slices.
As a Duty Manager of our Halifax site you will be on the front line, caring for our customers and ensuring they have the best beer experience possible. You’ll assist the General Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the venue keeping a close eye on staff and customer satisfaction.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will have 1+ years hospitality/bar management experience with a proven record of maintaining standards set out by senior management.
- Customer service must always be at the forefront of your mind, making sure that our customers always have an excellent experience at Vocation & Co.
- You’ve got to know your porters from your pale ales with craft beer being a real passion. Knowledge of craft beer, the brewing industry, cellar management, stock control and beer range control are all essential skills.
- Whilst beer is our real passion, we have we don’t want anyone left behind, we have a wine and cocktail bar on site, so knowledge of wine, spirits, soft drinks, and coffee is an absolute must.
- Experience of training and developing a team working with them and helping to better their skills. You will also be responsible for staff management, recruitment, and staff planning.
- Our social media presence is always important to keep our customers up to date and stay aligned with the brand. We post engaging content, making sure we stand out from the crowd.
The candidate will require skills or knowledge in:
- Organisation and time management.
- Ability to lead, train and inspire staff.
- Working in a highly social environment.
- High quality beer service and a strong knowledge in the broader spectrum of alcohol.
- A desire to grow and gain new experiences and skills.
- Computer literate with Word and Excel experience essential.
Non-essential but desirable skills:
- Events experience.
- Personal License holder.
- Working 44 hours Monday-Sunday in line with business opening hours.
- Permanent position to start as soon as possible.
- Salary at 24-27K PA
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Oliver Smith:
NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES!