Packaging Process Technician
PACKAGING PROCESS TECHNICIAN - JOB SPECIFICATION
Vocation Brewery began brewing in 2015, quickly gaining a reputation for modern hopped forward beers. From small beginnings it has grown rapidly to be one of the UK’s leading independent craft breweries. We currently employ 60 people in the Head Office and Brewery teams, and around 60 more in the growing portfolio of Vocation & Co venues.
We’ve found our Vocation in bringing better beer to more people, and we seek to empower others to find theirs - through personal and professional nurturing, and an ongoing commitment to progressive recruitment and employment practices. All employees and applicants to Vocation Brewery are treated equitably regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
About the role
This role will play a key part within the packaging department, supporting Packaging Shift Managers to grow the packaging line capacity by becoming more efficient within all processes throughout the department. This role will drive hygiene and safety standards throughout their shift, whilst also ensuring the highest quality standards are adhered to.
The Packaging Process Technician is expected to deputise for the Shift Manager as required on shift. They will be able to set-up and optimise the equipment, driving improvements throughout production, quality and safety on their shift whilst completing all relevant paperwork that is required within the role.
The expectation is to be able to complete basic fault finding activities throughout all the equipment and machinery within the department, supporting with breakdowns and short stops to ensure that the packaging lines overall efficiencies are optimised.
Key skills and experience:
- A strong understanding of manufacturing packaging lines and practices.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- An ability to lead and plan for shift activities when required.
- Strong interpersonal skills (including good written & verbal communication skills).
- Problem solving skills – A knowledge of packaging lines and ability to resolve issues when they occur.
- Practical skills (proficient within MS Word, Excel and MS Teams).
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- A good level of physical fitness.
- An ability to gain a strong understanding for packaging machinery and have the ability to complete basic fault finding activities.
- Drive the Packaging departments KPI’s.
- Work closely with the Shift Managers to ensure production is completed OTIF according to plan by reducing breakdowns and short stops.
- Operate and understand all equipment/ machinery within Packaging Department
- Support with training throughout their shift, working closely with Shift Managers to ensure team members are fully trained.
- Deputise for Packaging Shift Managers during times of absence (i.e. holiday/ sickness cover).
- Help drive a continuous improvement mentality across their shift by using Lean engineering techniques such as 5S, Visual Management, Bottleneck Analysis etc.
- Be a shift lead for hygiene and housekeeping, leading 5S projects and ensuring correct standards are upheld.
- Champion record keeping ensuring shift is complaint and all reports are kept up to date.
- Report any maintenance issues, work with suppliers to remove problems and ensuring that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Zero lost time accidents within department by guaranteeing a safe working environment and compliance with regulations, in a culture embracing safe working habits and risk mitigation.
Packaging Shift Managers
Brewery Operations Manager
Packaging Operations Team
Packaging Process Technicians
To apply please send a CV and covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES!