Packaging - Large Pack Operator
PACKAGING - LARGE PACK OPERATOR - JOB SPECIFICATION
Vocation Brewery began brewing in 2015, quickly gaining a reputation for modern hopped forward beers. From small beginnings it has grown rapidly to be one of the UK’s leading independent craft breweries. We currently employ 60 people in the Head Office and Brewery teams, and around 60 more in the growing portfolio of Vocation & Co venues.
We’ve found our Vocation in bringing better beer to more people, and we seek to empower others to find theirs - through personal and professional nurturing, and an ongoing commitment to progressive recruitment and employment practices. All employees and applicants to Vocation Brewery are treated equitably regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
About the role
Reporting into the Packaging Shift Manager and working within the large packaging team you will be responsible for efficiently and effectively running packaging machinery within our keg and cask department. The main focus within this department will be to ensure our beers are produced safely with a strong focus on quality and productivity.
We need motivated self-starters who will be proactive in taking ownership of their area. This means working to high standards - encouraging others to keep those same standards, with an eye for detail to pick up on possible quality challenges. You will work alongside very capable team members who will support your role alongside your shift manager by carrying out relevant training within the department. Within this role there is an expectation to help drive continuous improvement within your area.
With solid qualifications in Maths, English and a good understanding of IT systems, you will be comfortable working in a manufacturing environment with a desire to continue your learning.
This role will be expected to complete shift work between 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm between Monday- Friday.
Key skills and experience:
- An understanding of manufacturing packaging lines and practices.
- An ability to plan for shift activities for yourself whilst being supported by the Packaging Shift Manager.
- Create an environment that drives high performance.
- Problem solving skills – A knowledge of packaging lines and ability to resolve issues when they occur.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- A good level of physical fitness.
- Drive packaging departments KPI’s.
- Ensure production is completed OTIF according to plan by reducing breakdowns and short stops.
- Operate and understand all equipment/ machinery within large packaging (cask and keg) department.
- Follow written SOP’s, accountable for SOP execution.
- Help drive a continuous improvement mentality across their shift.
- Lead hygiene and housekeeping standards by leading 5S projects and ensuring correct standards are upheld.
- Champion record keeping ensuring shift is complaint and all reports are kept up to date.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Packaging Shift Manager, removing problems within the department and ensuring that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Zero lost time accidents within department by guaranteeing a safe working environment and compliance with regulations, in a culture embracing safe working habits and risk mitigation.
- This position is extremely physical and demanding in nature and involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Use repetitive motions.
Packaging Shift Manager
Packaging Process Lead
Brewery Operations Manager
Packaging Operations Team
Packaging Process Technicians
Brewery Process Technicians
To apply please send a CV and covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES!