VOCATION & CO. MANCHESTER | DUTY MANAGER
Vocation brewery began brewing in 2015, quickly gaining a reputation for modern hop forward beers. From small beginnings it has grown rapidly to be one of the UK’s leading independent craft breweries.
In May this year Vocation & Co Manchester will be opened its doors, situated in Barbirolli Square, a refurbished basement space fitted out with several street food vendors, our cocktail and coffee bar & our very own bar.
Vocation and Co Manchester consists of a massive 30+ tap beer bar, featuring a rich and ever-changing mix of our own brews and a fantastic showcasing of products from other breweries both locally and global.
As a Duty Manager of our Manchester site, you will be on the front line, caring for our customers and ensuring they have the best beer experience possible. You’ll be there to assist the General Manager and Assistant General Managers in ensuring the smooth running of the venue with a close eye on making sure our customers and staff team are well cared for.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years hospitality/bar experience with a proven record of maintaining standards set out by senior management.
- You need customer service to always be at the forefront of your mind, making sure that every day our customers have the best experience possible.
- We need someone who knows their porters from their pale ales with craft beer being a real passion and all the skills that go with that- the ability to help senior management maintain standards in cellar management, stock control and beer range control being essential skills.
- Whilst beer is the real passion, we have we don’t want anyone left behind, knowledge of wine, spirits and soft drinks is also a big requirement.
- Experience training and developing your staff team and getting the best out of them with skills in- staff management and staff planning essential.
- Our social media presence is always important, experience in making sure we stand out from the crowd with a great tone is vital.
The candidate will require skills or knowledge in:
- Organisation and time management.
- Ability to lead, train and inspire staff.
- Being in a highly social environment.
- High quality beer service and a broader spectrum of alcohol.
- A desire to grow and gain new experiences and skills.
- Computer literacy with Word and Excel experience essential.
Non-essential but desirable skills:
- Events experience.
- Cocktail making experience.
- Personal License holder.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Craig McPhail:
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES!