Vocation & Co. Halifax - Assistant General Manager
As the Assistant General Manager you will be on the front line, caring for our customers and ensuring they have the best experience possible. You’ll be there to maintain the high standards we set out with responsibility over both our bars drink offering and ensuring financial targets are met. You’ll be leading a team of staff making sure they are the best they can be and making sure their priority is customer service.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years hospitality/bar management with a proven track record of successfully managing and developing a similar business with experience in a large, high turnover environment.
- You need customer service to always be at the forefront of your mind, making sure that every day our customers have the best experience possible.
- We need someone who knows their porters from their pale ales with craft beer being a real passion and all the skills that go with that- Knowledge of craft beer and the brewing industry, cellar management, stock control and beer range control being essential skills.
- Whilst beer is the real passion we have we don’t want anyone left behind, knowledge of wine, spirits, soft drinks and coffee is also an absolute must with these all being key sectors of our target audience.
- Experience training and developing your staff team and getting the best out of them with skills in- staff management, recruitment and staff planning.
- Our social media presence is always important and making sure we stand out from the crowd with great posts and maintaining the appropriate tone.
- Lastly making sure the business is always a safe place for our customers and staff to be, with knowledge of H&S and any government standards we’re required to meet.
The candidate will require skills or knowledge in:
- GP management, stock control, P & L.
- Organisation and time management.
- Ability to lead a team of staff.
- Ability to train and inspire staff.
- Being in a highly social environment.
- High quality beer service and a broader spectrum of alcohol.
- A desire to grow and gain new experiences and skills.
- Computer literacy with Word and Excel experience essential.
Non-essential but desirable skills:
- Events experience.
- Personal License holder.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Oliver Smith: