Vocation & Co. Hebden Bridge | Duty Manager
Vocation brewery began brewing in 2015, quickly gaining a reputation for modern hop forward beers. From small beginnings it has grown rapidly to be one of the UK’s leading independent craft breweries.
In June 2017 the brewery opened its tap room Vocation & Co. in its home Hebden Bridge. Vocation & Co. showcases not only Vocation products, but a huge range of beers from other well-respected breweries.
As a Duty Manager of our home bar, you will be on the front line, caring for our customers and ensuring they have the best beer experience possible. You’ll be there to assist the General Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the venue with a close eye on making sure our customers and staff team are well cared for.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years hospitality/bar experience with a proven record of maintaining standards set out by senior management.
- You need customer service to always be at the forefront of your mind, making sure that every day our customers have the best experience possible.
- We need someone who knows their porters from their pale ales with craft beer being a real passion and all the skills that go with that- the ability to help senior management maintain standards in cellar management, stock control and beer range control being essential skills.
- Whilst beer is the real passion, we have we don’t want anyone left behind, knowledge of wine, spirits and soft drinks is also a big requirement.
- Experience training and developing your staff team and getting the best out of them with skills in- staff management and staff planning essential.
- Our social media presence is always important, experience in making sure we stand out from the crowd with a great tone is vital.
The candidate will require skills or knowledge in:
- GP management, stock control, P & L.
- Previous management experience in similar role
- Organisation and time management.
- Ability to lead a team of staff.
- Ability to train and inspire staff.
- Being in a highly social environment.
- High quality beer service and a broader spectrum of alcohol.
- A desire to grow and gain new experiences and skills.
- Computer literacy with Word and Excel experience essential.
Non-essential but desirable skills:
- Events experience.
- Personal License holder.
- Working hours Monday-Sunday in line with business opening hours.
- Permanent position and a start as soon as COVID restrictions allow.
- Salary based on experience.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Oliver Smith: