Senior Management Accountant
SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - JOB SPECIFICATION
Vocation Brewery began brewing in 2015, quickly gaining a reputation for modern hop forward beers. From small beginnings it has grown rapidly to be one of the UK’s leading independent craft breweries. We currently employ 70 people in the Head Office and Brewery teams, and around 70 more in the growing portfolio of Vocation & Co venues.
We’ve found our Vocation in bringing better beer to more people, and we seek to empower others to find theirs - through personal and professional nurturing, and an ongoing commitment to progressive recruitment and employment practices. We’ve got there because of the passion and dedication of our people. After all, a brewery is just another factory making a product - it’s our people and their passion that makes this our Vocation.
We prize high performance, believe in fairness, equality and team work and we love what we do. You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family! If you love what you do, you’d love it here.
We are looking for a commercially-minded Senior Management Account with manufacturing experience for a role that with a base in accounting is heavily FP&A focussed. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the management accounts pack, that consists not only of reliable and meaningful numbers, but comes with insightful analysis (both commercial and operational) that will help drive the business forward.
This isn’t a back-office, behind the curtain, accounting role, it is an opportunity for someone with acute accounting skills to get under the skin of the business and make a real impact in a young, exciting, growing business with a unique blend of Brand, Manufacturing, FMCG and Hospitality.
What we expect from you
- Preparation of management accounts including P&L, balance sheet, detailed variance analysis, MI pack, cashflow and commentary
- Preparation of weekly financial reporting including sales, margin and production variances
- Provide detailed excel spreadsheet modelling for analysis and forecasting purposes
- Preparation of reports, written, numerical and visual, using a proficiency in Excel, PowerBI, and PowerPoint for presentation to the Leadership Team and the Board of Directors
- Utilising a keen understanding of the manufacturing and supply chain processes to develop reliable product costings
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed to a required standard
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline processes to increase efficiency of month-end and enable the focus to remain forward-looking
- Become the point of contact for financial questions in the Brewery
- Responsible for rolling P&L and Cashflow forecasts as well as the annual budget
- As part of the management team you will actively participate to ensure organisational objectives are effectively and efficiently met
- Work with the HR Manager to produce monthly Payroll for the Brewery Team
- Support a Trainee Management Accountant to develop the skills to continue to grow and add value to the business while attaining their qualifications
- Team with the Group Financial Controller to proactively lead efficient cash-flow management through the Sales and Purchase Ledger functions within the team
Your Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant or equivalent (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- An experienced Management Accountant, you will have manufacturing experience in an FMCG business and extensive experience with commercial and manufacturing variance analysis
- You will have an entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to get stuck in and build great internal relationships across the business
- You will have proven experience of driving process improvements within a finance team
- You have an innate sense of urgency and are able to prioritise and multitask and will support the wider finance team to ensure alignment with business objectives
- You will be detail orientated and demonstrate strong organisational & analytical skills
- Set challenging standards for self and others where appropriate, seeking feedback and giving feedback constructively
- You easily build trust and develop a reputation for reliability by following through with actions as agreed
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Proficiency with Excel is essential
To apply please send a CV and covering email to: email@example.com
NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES!