Management Accountant (Bars)
Management Accountant (Bars)- Job Specification
Vocation Brewery began brewing in 2015, quickly gaining a reputation for modern hop forward beers. From small beginnings it has grown rapidly to be one of the UK’s leading independent craft breweries. We currently employ 70 people in the Head Office and Brewery teams, and around 70 more in the growing portfolio of Vocation & Co venues.
We’ve found our Vocation in bringing better beer to more people, and we seek to empower others to find theirs - through personal and professional nurturing, and an ongoing commitment to progressive recruitment and employment practices. We’ve got there because of the passion and dedication of our people. After all, a brewery is just another factory making a product - it’s our people and their passion that makes this our Vocation.
We prize high performance, believe in fairness, equality and team work and we love what we do. You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family! If you love what you do, you’d love it here.
We are looking for a Management Account who has exemplary numerical and analysis skills with a keen eye for detail and a passion for process improvement. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the management accounts pack for subsidiary entities, that consist not only of reliable and meaningful numbers, but demonstrate day-to-day operational improvements on the accuracy of financial information at each of our Bars.
This isn’t a back-office, behind the curtain, accounting role, it is an opportunity for someone with acute accounting skills to get under the skin of the business and make a real impact in a young, exciting, growing business.
What we expect from you
- Preparation of management accounts including P&L, balance sheet, detailed variance analysis, MI pack, cashflow and commentary
- Preparation of weekly financial reporting including sales and margin
- Preparation of reports, written, numerical and visual, using a proficiency in Excel, PowerBI, and PowerPoint for presentation to the Leadership Team and the Board of Directors
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed to a required standard
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline processes to increase efficiency of month-end and enable the focus to remain forward-looking
- Become the point of contact for financial questions in the Bars
- Responsible for rolling P&L and Cashflow forecasts as well as the annual budget for the Bars
- Work with the HR Manager to produce fortnightly Payroll for the Bars staff
- Team with the Group Financial Controller to proactively lead efficient cash-flow management through the Sales and Purchase Ledger functions within the team
- Preparation of VAT returns and other ad hoc returns.
- The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant or equivalent (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- May be suitable for a first-time mover from practice (dependent on experience) or an industry trained management accountant looking to step into a role where they are responsible for the end-to-end preparation of the accounts
- You will have an entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to get stuck in and build great internal relationships across the business
- You will have a passion for driving process improvements within a finance team
- You have an innate sense of urgency and are able to prioritise and multitask and will support the wider finance team to ensure alignment with business objectives
- You will be detail orientated and demonstrate strong organisational & analytical skills
- Set challenging standards for self and others where appropriate, seeking feedback and giving feedback constructively
- You easily build trust and develop a reputation for reliability by following through with actions as agreed
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Proficiency with Excel is essential
Bar Ops manager
Purchase Ledger Manager
Office based 5 days a week, 37.5 hours
MVP – My Vocation Programme
MVP is our benefits & rewards scheme, it’s our way of saying thank you to our Vocation family in recognition of the continued commitment you deliver every day. We’re a grounded, progressive and caring employer and want to make sure you are well looked after as a member of the team
- Annual Bonus – 1 week of your basic salary paid as a year-end discretionary bonus
- Flexible Holiday Scheme – 28 days (including bank holidays) plus the opportunity to “buy” up to 5 days additional annual leave in each leave year so you can prioritise what’s most important to you.
- Birthdays and work anniversaries - We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you will get some goodies on your special day
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our EAP offers the guidance and care you need including an annual Health Check, Digital GP, Second Medical Opinion, Mental Health Consultation and Nutritional consultation.
- Company Pension – 3% employee contribution and 5% employer contribution
- Life Assurance - At Vocation, our people are most important and we believe employees can be their best when they feel supported and have benefit plans that give them and their families security and peace of mind.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity package – subject to eligibility.
- Employee Discounts - You will be entitled to 25% off in our webstore, 50% off Merch and More in the webstore and 15% off when you visit any of the Vocation & Co Bars
- Free Beer! – We want you to enjoy the fruits of your labour, we work very hard to produce the best beer on the market and you’ll take home two cases a month to enjoy with friends and family
- Learning & Development – We want you to be the best version of you and we are committed to helping you develop new skills along the way.
- Free Eye Test - As an MVP you will be eligible to receive a free eye examination every year!
- Progression & Career Opportunities - We look to promote and progress our employees within the business and we are very passionate about internal progression! As the business expands it opens new opportunities for growth…
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org